1. Plastic surgery is a medical specialty that involves the correction or restoration of form and function.
2. The most common types of plastic surgery are reconstructive surgery, cosmetic surgery, and burn surgery.
3. Reconstructive surgery is performed to correct functional impairments caused by burns; traumatic injuries, such as facial bone fractures and breaks; congenital abnormalities, such as cleft palates or cleft lips; developmental abnormalities; infection and disease; and cancer or tumors.
4. Cosmetic surgery is performed to improve the appearance of an individual.
5. Burn surgery is performed to treat patients who have suffered severe burns.
6. The first successful plastic surgery procedure was performed in 1814 by Dr. Joseph Carpue.
7. The first successful cosmetic surgery procedure was performed in 1827 by Dr. Robert Liston.
8. The first successful burn surgery was performed in 1843 by Dr. John A. Carpue.
1. In 2018, there were 1.8 million cosmetic procedures performed in the United States, representing a 4 percent increase from the previous year.
2. Of those procedures, minimally invasive procedures accounted for the vast majority, with 1.6 million procedures, or 90 percent of the total.
3. The top 5 minimally invasive procedures were botulinum toxin type A injections, soft tissue fillers, chemical peel, laser hair removal, and microdermabrasion.
4. The top 5 surgical procedures were breast augmentation, liposuction, nose reshaping, eyelid surgery, and tummy tuck.
5. In 2018, the top 5 nonsurgical procedures were botulinum toxin type A injections, soft tissue fillers, chemical peel, laser hair removal, and microdermabrasion.
6. The top 5 surgical procedures were breast augmentation, liposuction, nose reshaping, eyelid surgery, and tummy tuck.
1. What are the different types of plastic surgery procedures that are offered at this facility?
At our facility, we offer a variety of plastic surgery procedures to help our patients achieve their desired results. Some of the most popular procedures that we offer include: Breast augmentation: This procedure is designed to increase the size and shape of the breasts. Breast lift: This procedure is designed to lift and reshape the breasts. Breast reduction: This procedure is designed to reduce the size of the breasts.
2. What are the qualifications of the plastic surgeons who work here?
The plastic surgeons who work here are highly qualified and experienced. They are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and have completed extensive training in plastic surgery. They are also experienced in performing a variety of plastic surgery procedures, including breast augmentation, liposuction, and tummy tucks.
3. What is the average cost of the various plastic surgery procedures offered?
There is no single answer to this question as the cost of plastic surgery procedures can vary widely depending on a number of factors, including the type of procedure being performed, the experience and qualifications of the surgeon, the geographic location of the practice, and the overall complexity of the case. That said, in general, the average cost of the most common plastic surgery procedures can be broken down as follows: